Want to feel better, look better and have more energy?
The health benefits of regular exercise are hard to ignore, but it can be especially beneficial for people living with HIV. Increased muscle mass, lower bad cholesterol levels, improved blood sugar control, bone strengthening, increased energy and improved immune system are just a few known effects.
People who exercise often have higher CD4 cell counts and fewer side effects from HIV and HIV drugs, but speak to your healthcare provider about what types of exercise are OK for you.
Let us help you commit to being fit. Corporate-rate gym membership is available for all POSITIVE LIVING BC Members and Associate Members at Steve Nash Fitness World.
- the cost of membership is $29.95 (plus tax) per month for a 12-month term, with a one-time $15 card fee (the regular price for non-members is $99 enrolment/ $15 card fee/ $55 per month). All fees must be paid monthly from a credit card or bank account on file.
- all 14 Steve Nash Fitness World locations are included, but not Steve Nash Sports Clubs or Specialty Classes.
- collect an Application Form and Waiver Form from POSITIVE LIVING BC Reception Desk
- download an Application Form and Waiver Form
- return the Application Form and Waiver Form to POSITIVE LIVING BC.
- once the application is verified, the Waiver Form will be sent to Steve Nash Fitness World under the POSITIVE LIVING BC Corporate Rate. The nature of your affiliation with POSITIVE LIVING BC will NOT be shared with Steve Nash Fitness World.
- a Steve Nash Fitness World representative will contact you by phone to ensue you fully understand the 12 month contract term, the monthly fee and the one-time card fee, and discuss the gym services you are entitled to access. At that time, you will be asked to provide a method of payment. Payment options include credit card or monthly automated bank withdrawal (void cheque required).
- a Agreement Contract will be emailed to you from Steve Nash Fitness World for your approval and authorization.
- the Agreement Contract must be signed and initialed at appropriate places and returned to Steve Nash Fitness World by fax or email. The Health Promotion Department at POSITIVE LIVING BC can provided assistance with this if needed.
- a Welcome Package will be mailed to you or couriered to a Steve Nash Fitness World location of your choice. No POSITIVE LIVING BC information will be contained in the package.
- a personal trainer will follow up with all new members to complete an assessment and a basic training program to point everyone in the right direction. Use of this service is optional.
- enjoy the gym!
For more information please contact Jen MacPherson:
- 604 893 2239
Your association with POSITIVE LIVING BC as a Member or Associate Member will not be disclosed to Steve Nash Fitness World